Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chicken Pesto and Bowtie Pasta




This is one of my GO TO recipes when I'm having guests over or just want a quick and delicious pasta dish!  Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've made this.  To make it super fast and easy, I freeze 1 lb. bags of cooked, shredded/diced, chicken in our freezer and then when I need chicken in this recipe (or any other recipe), I pull them out, defrost and throw them into this dish!

1 - 12 oz box pasta
1/2 cup Classico pesto sauce (I just use a dry pesto mix packet from the store that you mix with water and olive oil)
1 - 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 lb. chicken, cut into cubes

Cook chicken in olive oil in large skillet (cook pasta separately, according to instructions).  When chicken is done, add soup, milk, and sauce.  Mix and bring to a boil.  Let simmer for 5 minutes.  Stir in cooked pasta and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment