Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Meg's Birthday Cupcakes

Meg wanted cupcakes instead of a cake this birthday, so this is what I came up with.  These don't look especially fancy, but MAN were they delicious!!

I started with a funfetti flavored cake mix.  You could use any kind.  Chocolate would be divine.  The trick with a box mix is to follow the directions.  If it says 'beat 2 min', don't short change it.  I love the ones with the pudding in the mix, too.


Then, I made a batch of whipped topping frosting and put it into an icing bag with a large frosting tip.  I used my fingers to push the tip deep into each cupcake, and filled it up!  You can tell when it's full because it expands and then starts coming out the top. 



It leaves a mound on top, which is good because you'll need it for the second frosting.



Using my big 2D star tip, I piped The Best Buttercreme Frosting  in a swirl, working from the outside in.



We finished it off with a little colored sugar.  These were delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment