Monday, July 30, 2012

Fiesta Wheat and Bean Salsa

Fiesta Wheat and Bean Salsa
This recipe is from the book "I Dare Youto Eat It"


1 orange or red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper, cored and diced
Juice of 1 lime
3 c. cooked wheat berries
1 can corn, drained (16 oz.)
1 can black beans, drained (15 oz.)

2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Chill  for at least 1 hour before serving.  This is from a food storage recipe book that I've never seen but this one is really delish!  Everytime I make it I have people ask for the recipe.  (Wheat berries are just boiled wheat.  I think one cup makes two of wheat berries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment