Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cabbage Chicken Salad

Cabbage Chicken Salad

1 pkg chicken ramen noodles broken
2 C shredded (chopped) cabbage (I use more since I love cabbage and the dressing is normally a little more than you'd need for just two cups - I do half a head of cabbage if it's a large and the entire thing if it's a small one)
1 C cubed cooked chicken
1/4 C sliced green onion

Dressing
3 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp sugar
1/3 C white vinegar
2 tbsp water
4 tsp veg oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
packet of chicken seasoning from ramen noodles

Put dressing ingredients in a container with a tight lid and shake well for 30 seconds to mix (I use Jared's protein shake cup/lid).  Pour on salad and toss to coat.  YUM - one of our very favorites to throw together and eat or take to potlucks (I am always asked for the recipe).  If I don't have something, I don't use it and it doesn't seem to have made a huge difference (like the sesame oil or green onion) so feel free to moderate.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment