Sunday, September 30, 2012

Grasshopper Dessert

Okay this recipe is so good it should almost be top secret (sorry the picture is so poor--I'll try to get a better one next time I make it).  I realized that if I didn't get this on the blog and then somehow lost the recipe one day, I would be extremely sad plus I knew you wonderful ladies, needed this recipe!

1 pkg. Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers (call me if you don't know what this is; I had to search the baking isle before I figured it out)
1/4 c. melted butter
1/2 gal. chocolate chip mint ice cream
1-16 oz.can of Hershey Chocolate Fudge topping (or Mrs. Richardson's)
1-8 oz. tub Cool Whip

The day before (at least): Crumble chocolate wafers fine.  (Reserve 2 Tbsp. without any butter for topping)
Mix remaining crumbs with the melted butter.  Spread evenly on bottom of 9 x 13" pan.  Soften the ice cream; pour on top of crumbs.  Freeze until solid.
The next day: Soften fudge in the microwave about 30 seconds.  Spread fudge in the microwave about 30 seconds.  Spread fudge topping on ice cream layer.
Finish with a layer of Cool Whip then sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
Freeze until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment