Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

A friend gave me this recipe and I've decided it needs to be a staple in our recipe collection.  Delicious, a great way to use up bell peppers, and a beautiful dish!

4 bell peppers 
1 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 lb ground beef
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 cup cheese
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
*Corn, canned or frozen - optional
*Chopped bell peppers - optional

Heat oil in skillet.  Add onion and garlic.  Cook 5 min. Stir in cumin and beef. Cook 5 min.  Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepperketchup, and salt.  Stir to mix.  Remove from heat.  Stir in rice, cheese, corn.  Spoon into peppers. Top with parsley.  Cook 40 min at 350 degrees.

**My friend Charise who gave me the recipe added these notes: Okay so here are my alterations. I added the corn to the recipe, so if you don't like it, don't add it. Also, I add some chopped peppers of different colors to the rice mixture just to add some color to it all.  Also, the cooking instructions seemed kind of silly with all the 5 min
intervals. I cook the onion, garlic, beef, and cumin all together, mix in the sauces, then add everything else basically at the same time.  Sometimes I cut the peppers in half top to bottom, and other times I have just sliced the very top off to fill them, depending on how big of portions I want that night. Such a pretty dinner though once they 
are all done. Ya almost hate that you have to cut and eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment